12826847

I paid £99 to a company who states they will renew a passport.

Customer Question

I paid £99 to a company who states they will renew a passport. All they do is make an appointment with the passport office. How do i get my money back?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

When did you do this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was on saturday 12th at night online. the website is www.passport-uk.co.uk. The debit to my account went through yesterday. I have spoken to my bank but they cannot do anything about it.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I have looked at the site and it appears that their service ends with submitting the form.

I quite clearly state that they are not an official government department and obviously, only official government department (passport office) can renew the passport so would be obvious that it has to eventually end up with the passport office

Are you saying that they do not provide that service.

What did you think they were doing and where does it say they would do that?

What are they actually doing?

They seem to be doing little more providing an online service and the facility to check the application is correct. The post office will check paper applications for about £15 so I’m not certain what would be expected out of this.