Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Dear Aston, since speaking to you before the deeds have been

Customer Question

Dear Aston, since speaking to you before the deeds have been found to the property i have been left. My brother who is an executor as found them in his safe. What should be my course of action now as the property is still unsold, what are my rights with reference to the estate agents as the beneficiary. Lorna Stokes
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

May I ask has the house been left excluively to you please or has it been left jointly to you with one or more other people?

Joshua :

Do you know of any reason why the house is not selling - e.g. is it priced to adventurously in your view?

JACUSTOMER-2u13dut4- :

The house as been left jointly to a cousin & myself, not my brother.

JACUSTOMER-2u13dut4- :

The house as been left jointly to myself and a cousin, not my brother!

Joshua :

Thanks. What are your cousins wishes in relation to the property? Are they the same as yours?

JACUSTOMER-2u13dut4- :

The house as been left jointly to myself and cousin , not to my brother. Both benificeries just want to sell the house, we are having to pay council tax and other utilities, there as been no viewings for a while or so my brother tells me, i have employed a gardener to tidy up the gardens, i believe the house is beginning to smell and in general i would have thought general deterioration. In the opinion the executers dont want to sell cheaply? Lorna Stokes

JACUSTOMER-2u13dut4- :

Yes

JACUSTOMER-2u13dut4- :

Yes she lives in America but we communicate weekly,she like me is pretty fed up with the ongoing situation. Lorna

Joshua :

Whilst of course this does not guarantee a sale it would allow you to be more hands on with the sale or in deed of course you could decide to rent the property out for a while if the market is slow at present to at least generate some income.

Joshua :

If the property has been left to you both jointly and you are of one mind then the executor must accede to your request.

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Joshua :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?