12826847

A Door to Door salesman for Safestyle windows & doors came

Customer Question

A Door to Door salesman for Safestyle windows & doors came to my door asking If I would like any new doors or windows.I saidthat I may be after 2 new doors next year if my finances allowed. He said that he could give me a 12 month guaranteed quotation that I could either keep and have any work done or keep it for the 12 months and then "ditch" it (his words).

He duly phoned for a sales man to come round and give me this quotation and I said that I still maintained that it may be next year if my finances alllowed. The salesman that is alright. I duly signed it though at no time did he point out the cancellation period or the terms and conditions etc.

After he had gone I did find all the relevant information and I apparently had 7 days to cancel. I gave the sales man a £60 fee for the surveyor who has not yet come and I have since found out that my state pension will not now allow me to affford the doors.

I have since cancelled the order out of the 7 day period both by email and recorded delivery letter.

I have now been receiving numerous phone calls from Safestyle even though I have specifically informed them that if they wish to communicat further then to either write or email me. Yet they are still phoning me.

This evening I received what I would call that I feell to be threatening and I wil not allow myself to be threatened or a bullied pensioner.

Pleae could you tell me where I stand if they take me to court.

John

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

On what basis are they threatening you? What are they saying?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

first of all I do not undestand your Ts & Cs. Can I cancel once I have received your answer.

They are threatening to sue me for "Breach of Contract" even though I thought it was a 12 month guaranteed no quibble quotation that I could "DITCH" their word if I/we did not use it.

1 You will need to email customer services about that as I'm never involved in that side of this. You can do that [email protected]

2 What do they say about the 7 day cooling off period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

For JO C.

I will leave it at that as I have already explained this to you.

Many thanks anyway.

Also I wish to know who has allready registered with my email account, john.izon @ntlworld.com.

Ok. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have signed the contract even though I was still under the inpression that it was a "No quibble 12 month guarantee that I could go ahead with or "DITCH" (his words) if I decided not to go ahead with it. I did cancel outside the 7 days cancellation period but that is because I believed the salesman.

I have paid £60 for a surveyors fee that has not been carried out yet and No work has commenced. They haven't even started to make them yet!

They told me today that if I cancel they will instruct their solicitors tomorrow to send a letter followed by court proceedings for "Breach Of Contract"

I feel threatened and bullied, I am a pensioner and I cannot afford what I thought I could as I previously informed them.

I just want to cancell the whole thing. Am I liable for any charges?

You suggested above that you didn't want to carry on with this? Is that not right now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For JO C,

Yes that is correct.

Why don't customer services reply to my query about how to cancel. I am trying to cancel this service I am supposed to be getting.

I have also asked you how can I cancel after i have had your reply. But as yet you have failed to address that quetion.

How do I contact customer services.

John (XXXXXXXXXX)

As I said above, you need to [email protected]