Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law

My partner of 3 and a half years got divorced in January and

Customer Question

My partner got divorced in January and made a will the same time leaving me the executor and all his assets to me. his finances were not sorted before he past away last week and now his ex-wife is trying to claim everything, can she do this?

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Thanks for your enquiry and am sorry to hear of your loss.

As the financial side of things had not been finalised before your partner died, his ex-wife is entitled to make a claim against his Estate.

The value of her claim is going to be equal to that amount she would have been granted if the finances had been finalised ancillary to the divorce proceedings.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

However, please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards