75100385

Hi My question is: Can i buy a house in Uk and head it to

Customer Question

My question is:
Can i buy a house in Uk and head it to my son of 1year with usufruct to me and my wife?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

Hi I want head the house that i'm going to buy to my son o 12 months because i have a debit with a bank abroad and i want be sure that the bank will never come here to knoch my door to ask me the house to cover the debit.

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

In my country to avoid this problem peoples head the house to a son with the usufruct to them (the parents) for all the life.

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

Like that bank will never try to take the propiety of the house.

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

Is that clear?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

My question is that possible here?

Alex Watts :

Head to house, you mean give the house?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i mean my son own the house

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

he is the owner

Alex Watts :

Your son owns the house, you are in problems with debt and you want to know if the bank can take the house away from him?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i want ask if my son can own the house, can he? and can we have the usufruct of it?

Alex Watts :

Does he already own the house?

Alex Watts :

I don't know what you mean unsufruct? You mean use of the house?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

not yet if is possible i want do it. yes i mean the use of the house

Alex Watts :

Ok - so you own the house and want to transfer it to your son - how old is he?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

12 month now

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

months

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i'm not owning it yet

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i'm going to buy it

Alex Watts :

So you are going to buy it in 12 months then you want to transfer it to your son?

Alex Watts :

Do you have money problems now or just in case you will in the future?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

HI Alex i'm not clear?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

My son is 12months old

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i want buy the house ASAP

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i have a debit with a bank abroad

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

that is why i want do that

Alex Watts :

Which country?

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i prefe don't say i europe anyway

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

i prefer don't say, in europe anyway

Alex Watts :

If you buy a house and own it outright then yes you can transfer it to your son as long as he is over 18 years of age.

Alex Watts :

But you need to survive any gift by 7 years otherwise if you die, tax would be payable on that gift generally.

Alex Watts :

Yes if it is mortgage free then yes you can transfer it.

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

so i have to wait that will be 18?

Alex Watts :

Yes, he can not own property until he is 18

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

and for your experience having a debit with an european bank . the bank will discover that i booth a house in Uk and

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

come to take it?

Alex Watts :

They can yes if they get a County Court Judgment in their country, then they could get a European Enforcement Order and yes, they could get a charge on the house in the UK and make you sell it.

JACUSTOMER-vs2f2xky- :

ok thanks

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, which I hope has been excellent, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex