Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

a shared deputy post is proving difficult as one is trying

Customer Question

a shared deputy post is proving difficult as one is trying to score points over the other. One is speaking to other staff about what the other is doing, particularly about the number of hours she is working. (both are contracted to work the same number of hours)
One has recently used another member of staff to speak about the other regarding her child's birthday party and has invited the other deputy with her child. The first has said that she and her family will gang up on her.
The deputy making mischief can be very aggressive in her manner and other members of staff are afraid to challenge her.
As the manager I have spoken to her about some of these incidents. What action should be taken?
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today? Would you say both employees are equally to blame? How long have they worked for you for?