75100385

Hi I have a question to do with financial investment law

Customer Question

I have a question to do with financial investment law and fraud by a company who deal in gold leasing investments

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : How much did you invest and what have the Police done please?
Customer :

£76,425.00 and as yet the police have done nothing as far as I know as I reported it on 9/102013 via action fraud and have been updating action fraud record since.

Customer :

I have reported Demmore Ltd on 22/102013 to HMRC as well

Customer :

I will be in contact again when you are online ok Mr Peter Appleby

Customer :

I understand your situation Alex and will login again

Alex Watts :

If I am being honest the Police will take their time because if it is fraudulent then it can take many months to get all the bank statements, go through records and produce a case. It may even take years.

Alex Watts :

In the meantime what you can do is apply to the Court to freeze assets or bank accounts belonging to the Company.

Alex Watts :

However I assume you paid Denmore Ltd who are still trading and it is these people you need to ask the Court to freeze the accounts for.

Alex Watts :

For this you would need a Solicitor in order to draft the legal paperwork and present your argument before a Judge who can decide whether or not to grant the order.

Alex Watts :

But if there is not £76k in the account there is no guarantee you will get that back.

Alex Watts :

But speak to a Solicitor about freezing the bank accounts and speak to the Police about an update on the case, but it could take months if not years.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you wanted and it is certainly not the one I want to give, but I have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, which I hope has been excellent, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

Alex Watts :

Please remember you are rating my service and not whether or not it was the answer you wanted, thanks.