12826847

I recently purchased a car from a trade dealer and then had

Customer Question

I recently purchased a car from a trade dealer and then had it checked over, at the first opportunity, by a franchised dealer. The dealer came back with a list of problems and a quote for over £2800 to put them right. I returned the car to the dealer and said that I was not happy and he agreed to refund £8700 within 7 - 10 working days (in front of a witness). I spoke with the dealer yesterday and he said that he would need the V5 log book to come from the DVLA before he could sell the car "on my behalf". I pointed that I had returned the under the sale of goods act and that the car was now his, not mine. We are now at day 11 and I have not received the money. Where do I stand and how do I get my money ??

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do you have anything in writing regarding the return of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing in writing but he did make a point of shaking my hand on the offer in front of my brother in law who had come along to support me.

What were the problems please? I'm just offline for about 30 mins but will pick up then if thats ok?