12826847

hi, my child had an incident with a friend and was shouted

Customer Question

hi, my child had an incident with a friend and was shouted at with violent words by his school music teacher (the other boy's mum) . when i reported to the headteacher, it took about 2 weeks for them to give me any update and are now telling me that as the incident did not happen in the classroom, she was acting as a mother. i feel a great injustice has been done to my son. what are my next steps. pls help

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How old is your son please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C,

hi my son is 7 yrs old

I'm not sure what you are asking really? Shouting at a minor is not an offence per se even with a young child.

You could obviously complain to the school but unless she was acting in her professional capacity the school would have no power to discipline her I'm afraid.

In any event, shouting per se is not unprofessional conduct in the context of a teacher and student. Obviously it depends what was shouted but it would not offend of itself I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry if thats bad news.