12826847

can i be held libal for a court fine ie bailif fee after

Customer Question

can i be held libal for a court fine ie bailif fee after my appeal was turned down as i never recived the ticket even ask for proof from ealing council but they cant give me filed out of time apple turn down also my frist apple was turned down as it was to late as we never recive parking ticket

any help ?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Does the DVLA have the correct address for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the address the lease car is registered to is my companys reg office my accounts

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for jo c

Thanks.,

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure I understand whats happened here?

The council have issued a fine to your vehicle ? Is there any reason you think you are not liable for it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi jo c

yes jo there was never a parking ticket place on the winscreen so i belive thie invaildadtes to fine what is your views on that?

It doesn't invalidate the fine per se.

Fines have to be served either by CCTV in the post or by affixing a PCN to the window of the car or handing it to the driver. Failing to do one or the other invalidates a fine.

The problem here though is that you seem to have appealed and lost on that point. If so, then they are able to enforce it.

If your account were accepted then the fine would be null and void but that doesn't seem to be what you are saying here.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so is it worht me taking this case on in your view as it must say that if i never recived the ticket i was on aware of any fine the leter came to me 5/3/13 and was out of time at that stage as issued 13/10/12 so they turned down my apple so went to northampton court then they re fused out of time apell i was under the understanding no ticket place on car ment cant stand up in court in uk is this correct ?

It doesn't invalidate the fine per se.

If you have lost before an Adjudicator and not paid then there isn't a claim that can be brought against the bailiff for enforcing the fine I'm afraid.