29905560

I am a registered nurse working as a mental health support

Customer Question

I am a registered nurse working as a mental health support worker.
I have been working for my employer for five years and have a good record all round.
The company I work for have lost the contract for the department I work in and we are being tupe to another company In Jan 2014.
In October 2012 I started working with a client who in hindsight obviously was fixated with me. I closed his file in April 2013 and he asked to be my friend I told him it was not appropriate . Four months later he rang and threatened that if I did not visit him he would put complaints in about me. I informed the police as well as my employer. he has put a complaint in saying he has been emotionally abused , this man is a serial complainer that I had behaved in a way that implied we could be friends. He has listed several incidents ie I told him where I lived untrue that I took him to view a house because I particularly liked the area untrue I took him to a hospital appointment I had untrue he told me he found me attractive untrue the only true allegation was this one : he told me he was going to see a show that I was too so I thought I had better let him know that I was too in order to avoid an awkward moment if I were to see him there, he asked if I had my ticket and I said I was buying it the following week. When I next saw him he handed me the ticket I asked him why have you bought that I was going to he said they were selling out fast so I gave him his money back for the ticket because I felt he was just being thoughtful and I did not want him to be out of pocket. I am awaiting the outcome and really worried, I am worried I could lose my nursing reg I am worried I may have a disciplinary on my record, What shall I do to protect myself ? If it makes a difference this client has criminal convictions for arms trafficking, producing illicit substances, GBH , arson as well as sexual offences although if you met him you would think would a great alternative character he was !

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know what action your employer has taken so far

JACUSTOMER-z2q693n6- :

they interviewed the guy who put the complaint in and they have interviewed me now they are writing a report up