12826847

Hi Ben, I have a question regarding the Data Protection

Customer Question

Hi Ben,

I have a question regarding the Data Protection Act. I had a few interviews couple of months ago with a company based in the middle east. This company is a subsidiary of a company in the UK. I applied online using parent's company website and after having a few interviews in middle east they asked to have one in London but i asked them to change the location to somewhere in the middle east since i wasn't in the UK that time (so I believe they work together even though they say they are two legally independent entities).

I sent the parent company in UK a subjects access request and after 40 days they sent me an email saying they were a data processor and not a data controller but I dont think this is true. The child company operates in Middle East but they are registered in Guernsey. I am suspecting unlawful behaviour so thats why I sent them a SAR.

How can I know whether they were a data processor or a data controller in my case, and what can be done to force them to give me the information i requested.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What information are you after from them?