12826847

Hello, My daughter recently moved home to help take care of

Customer Question

Hello, My daughter recently moved home to help take care of her mother who has alzheimers. The problem is she cannot contribute anything towards the rent to the housing association we rent the property from. She is at present claiming Employment & support allowance. So my question is : If its not possible to claim housing benefit for any reason. Is there any other financial help available & would anything out there be means tested against my own saving for my retirement

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Since she is living with your Im afraid housing benefit will not be available. There is no way around it.

She may be able to claim carers allowance if your wife in is receipt of the correct benefits and your daughter is, in fact, a carer for her. Your means would not be considered for these purposes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I claim carers as im with her for over 35hrs pw but needing a break ---etc can my daughter claim along with me then

I am sorry for the delay. There was a bug online that prevented me from replying.

Unfortunately if you get carers allowance then she cannot. there can only be one claim.