75100385

My father sold our home and a farm of land to a neighbour against

Customer Question

My father sold our home and a farm of land to a neighbour against my mother's wishes. He has passed away 7 years ago. The sale took place in 1987. My father was an alcoholic and was always intoxicated. I feel that the neighbour took advantage of him. Can I get the sale overturned? Henry,

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Its bad news I am afraid. Under limitation the time limit for bringing claims is 6 years. As it has been over 7 years you are simply out of time and any claim would be statute barred.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and it is certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : If this answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, which I hope has been excellent, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex
Alex Watts : Please remember that you are rating my service and not whether or not it was the answer you wanted.
JACUSTOMER-91nc9p8r- :

Thank you. Does this apply to every court available. What I mean is could it be taken to a European court? Regards Henry.

Alex Watts :

Yes I am sorry, this is not a European matter, that tends to be against public bodies. I am sorry Henry

Alex Watts :

If I could invite you to rate my service before you leave today, hopefully it has been excellent. If you do need more help or information please click reply. Thanks – Alex.