12826847

I moved out of a rented property on the grounds of safety as

Customer Question

I moved out of a rented property on the grounds of safety as my landlord declined to provide GAS and ELECTRICAL safety checks despite repeated requests during my 5 year stay in the house and now he is is saying it was my responsibility to do so. He has also declined to give my deposit back (deposit NOT placed in Govt. approved scheme kept on his personal account).

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this. In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What type of contract do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the response - the land lord did not go through a rental agency he typed a contract himself at that time. Sorry i am not sure if that answers your question..

Ok.

Was it entitled assured shorthold tenancy agreement?

Also, what was the safety issue? Was there a leak or have you just moved out because of the gas certificate issue? If so, its bad news.