75100385

I am a lone parent with three children aged ; 10, 7 and 6 years.

Customer Question

I am a lone parent with three children aged ; 10, 7 and 6 years. Their mother was deported back in June 2008 and had to resign from work to care for them. Just recently, I've acquired a job following the Forest Hill job center pushing me to do so for the past year or so. But before taking up the job told the job center, the job is not the issue but would need a child minder to look after them while I go to work since I would to have work a rota shift as a London Bus Driver. Also, I have told the Sydenham Citizen Advise about this issue months ago. I started work on the 21/10/2013 and told the work program center that I was referred to about this need but have not had any response and have to relied on friends here and there which I don't see it as a long term solution, so what do I do?
Address;XXXXX London SE26 6JP. Tel; XXXXXXXXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : What benefit are you on with the job centre please?
JACUSTOMER-2cpa1vra- :

Was on job seekers allowance but just started work on 21/10/2013.

Alex Watts :

Ok - how come you were not in Income Support?

JACUSTOMER-2cpa1vra- :

They moved me from Income Support to JSA

Alex Watts :

What is your question from me today, as I do not quite understand what you are asking - and I will try to help?

JACUSTOMER-2cpa1vra- :

You asked , how come I was not on Income Support? And I said, I was moved from that to job seekers allowance.

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed. But what do you want to know from me? I see you have started a job? Do you want to know what benefit you are now entitled to?