12826847

Ive reported a drug dealer to the police, but they wont take

Customer Question

Ive reported a drug dealer to the police, but they won't take any action. This dealer is destroying peoples lives. I admit that he's affected the life of someone that I know, so do the police consider what I've told them as a vendetta?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this. In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

How can I help you with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

I find it difficult to believe that the police do not act on this information and that the drug dealer is getting away with this. It is obviously a lucrative buisness for him. I'm quite sure that if I started a buisness doing this Iwould soon be in prison. What must I do to get action on this?Regrettably I must remain anonymous to the police because of repercussions?

The police will not act upon this information because you are not able to make a statement. Without a S9 statement there are limits to what can be achieved.

You can still make a report to them anonymously but anonymous information has huge limitations. Certainly they could not normally charge upon anonymous information I'ma fraid.

Ultimately, you can only provide them with the information you are able to do. If they refuse to act upon it then that is a matter for them. Unfortunately anonymous reporting is not always reliable and they do have to take that into account when apportioning resources.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.