i wish to obtain a court order to obtain a name and address

Customer Question

i wish to obtain a court order to obtain a name and address from an online stalker. We do have this users IP address and ISP

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on Saturday 26th September between 18.00 and 23.00 this users "Pinged" our home network and according to BT my ISP they attempted to gain access to the network. IP address
This person has been constantly harassing me and my son through twitter user name @SLATFacsist previously SLATBPS.
This person we believe uses the email address [email protected] gained access into Twitter pages a private forum to access conversations. He has since had his IP address blocked. Although he admits on twitter to using a proxy to view conversations.
He has posted libellous accounts on various blog sites which are just blatant lies and fabrications. He setup various twitter accounts (framing me and my son) tweeting to himself, then after publishing details, deleted the accounts!
We have reported this to MET police and BT are monitoring his IP for further action. However I wish to take a libel case against this user and therefore request his name and address to issue the writ. Can you please tell me if you are prepared to give me this information without going to the crown court to get the necessary authorisation?
you may contact me any time 07816 962626

Unfortunately we are not able to communicate by telephone as all contact must be through this site. This is a questions and answer website and we are unable to provide the details you are asking for and therefore you are faced with making an application to court.

You can apply to court on form N244 which you can get from the court service website

the fee is shown on form EX 50 on page 3 and you will see is £175. There is no legal aid available for this.

You are going to have to provide witness statements and supporting evidence.

Your application at this stage is for pre-action disclosure of the address and the defendant is the ISP.