75100385

Hi there I recently sold 45 glasses on ebay as collection

Customer Question

Hi there

I recently sold 45 glasses on ebay as collection opnly buy the winning bidder. I stated in the advert that6 I did not accept returns and I was also happy to pack up for collection if the winning bidder wanted to arrange their own courier.

The glasses sold and the buyer contacted me to make arrangement for the their courier to come and collect the items. Payment was recieved from the buyer which included a small charge for the cost of packaging. The buyer sent me the courier label to place on the package and the courier collected as agreed.

The some days later the buyer informed me via ebay that she had not recieved the goods from the courier and that the courier had informed her that the items were damaged and that they have had to dispose of these due to health & safety reasons. The buyer is now trying to claim her monies back from me via ebay for the purchase of the items because they are not as described.

At no time did she come to view the items before the courier collected the glasses. Am I right in assuming that because her contract for collection was with the coureir, that the courier acts as her agent ( like she had collected the items herself)? Therefore surely her claim for damages is not with me but wth the courier.

Please advise.

Many thanks Anna

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex - are you a private seller please?