I did some work for a customer last year.During this time a

Customer Question

I did some work for a customer last year.During this time a breif relationship began.When the work was finished i ended the an act of bitterness,although she said it was to do with the work, she refused to pay me, which to be honest was half what i should of charged.
so i went to the small claims court,despite her threats to counter claim,with her adding due to her wealth and solicitors id not stand a hindsight i shud of cut my losses there but i was not prepared to be bullied...
so as threatened she counterclaimed, costs went up that i cud not afford,legal fees wud of been out of my reach and during this time i was ill with depression and buried my head in the sand....
so the end result was that i got struck out....
now yesterday 2 months since hearing anything a letter from her solicitor arrived with copy of an interim charging order,all things i dont understand...
i just find it unfair that because she has money i got outpriced out of justice !
Also she paid £3000 for a kitchen which i fitted satisfactorly and never paid mebut is now charging me £7000 in some act of revenge....
my house im sure is in negative equity,and im in an iva.
im getting worried now as this has become ridiculous and i know i should of acted sooner but quite frankly i was overwhelmed by what has happened and was too ill too ,i need to check i might have been registered as a limited company at the time...

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this. What is it you wish to know about this?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just need to know what my options are...I cant beleive she has gone to this much trouble to hurt me, a woman scorned and all that....Im not prepared to pay when originally i made the small claim! It has backfired and a part of me felt that she would stop there knowing she did not have to pay me, but after 2 months this letter arrived and it seems she wants blood..

But your options to achieve what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1.To protect my property

2.To prevent costs escalating

3.Proving to the currupt powers that be, that i cant afford this, picked out of a hat, charge and i need help fighting someone who can afford to bury me in legal clap trap...

4.And i want to know considering the iva,negative equity , what the likelyhood of them forcing a house sale etc

I'm sorry if I'm missing the point but I'm not sure what you want to do now?

In short, you sued her and lost but she counterclaimed and won? Have you paid the judgment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took her to small claims, i thought that was what someone with limited means did...she counter claimed...i cud not afford rising costs nor a solicitor to match hers and i was far too angry to even contemplate defending foolishly i said "sod it" and buried my head in the sand thinking she could not get blood out of a stone.

i was struck out as i was too ill and did not even understand the forms being sent to me and not willing to pay extra fees....

so now with the threat of my property being discussed i want to know how i protect it, can i demand although i shud not pay a penny a very small instalment plan...

basically,im gonna be honest ,before i resort to murder, is there anyway i can avoid paying her, even if it means opening up a asking you,by saying what are my options,is what is the likely course of action by her and how best can i defend myself or is it too late...

why shud her money and legal team be allowed to steam roller the small guy....

Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?

Is there a judgment against you and have you paid it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a judgement and i have not paid it...

Have you applied for time to pay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, thats why im seeking advice, i have not got a clue what to do...

also i intend every means possible not to pay as its a travesty...

I'm really sorry but there are no magic wands. You are liable to pay. Perhaps it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't claimed but you did and it has. She may have claimed anyway so its all something that may have made no difference.

I'm afraid that you are liable for the sum of the order.

You can apply to pay in instalments by seeking a variation order.

If you think the amount is incorrect then you can apply for redetermination of the sum in question but you should bear in mind that you should only do that if you can prove its wrong because you will be liable for her costs if you lose.

I'm afraid that you are trying to raise a defence without merit. The fact that she has more money than you does not mean she cannot rely on the law I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the best £47 ive ever spent lol...Well a fool and his money is easily parted i guess, thanks for your opinion for what its worth....:(