75100385

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX month ago I applied for a student

Customer Question

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX month ago I applied for a student loan and had to send my passport as required. The loan company told me it would just take 2 weeks to get an answer and have my passport back. After 2 weeks I still did not receive any answer and contacted them to get my passport back as I was offered a job I have been applying for months. They told me that it would take 10 working days to get my passport back. But after those 10 working days they told me that I had to wait longer. I was really upset as I told them many times that this was an emergency, so then the advisor on the phone offered me to fill an emergency form, I would not understand why they did not put it as an emergency in the first place. Because of they lack of professionalism I lost the job, I cannot move out as I do not have no job contract, and my rent contract is coming to an end in two weeks. I cannot apply for an other position as I do not have my passport. I have to apply for benefits, knowing it will not be enough. I want to press charges against this loan company as they put me in big trouble.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

On what basis did you lose the job please?

JACUSTOMER-uglzd1rw- :

cause I did not have my passport to sign the contract

Alex Watts :

So they have held onto your passport for more than a month, is that right?