12826847

My microchipped cat has been found after missing since 2007.

Customer Question

My microchipped cat has been found after missing since 2007. The person who is now looking after it has decided not to return it to us but Petlog (the central database company who put me in touch with the person who found it) tell me that it is registered in my name and I have legal ownership of it. I only have a mobile telephone number for the person who found it and I may not want the cat back but my daughter would like to see it after 6 years. I think the final decision ought to be ours and that we have a right to reclaim it should we wish to. Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Ursula Keeling

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How long has this person had the cat please?