12826847

THIS IS ABOUT COUNCIL TAX, I RECEIVED A SUMMONED THAT I OWED

Customer Question

THIS IS ABOUT COUNCIL TAX, I RECEIVED A SUMMONED THAT I OWED COUNCIL TAX ARREARS. I CALLED THE COUNCIL REGARDING THIS, THAT I DID NOT OWE THE COUNCIL NOT EVEN A PENNY. I PAID MY COUNCIL TAX EVERY MONTH AND NEVER MISS A PAYMENT NEITHER CARRIED A PAYMENT OVER TO THE NEXT CALENDER MONTH. THEY SAID TO ME,BECAUSE THE PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED ON THE SET DATE OF THE 10TH DAY OF EVERY MONTH THAT THEY REQUSTED THE FUL PAYMENT OF THE REMAINING MONTHS IN WHICH A FINAL PAYMENT IN JANUARY 2014.
I WENT TO COURT ON THE DUE DATE TO DEFEND MYSELF THAT I DID NOT OWE THE COUNCIL,ON ARRIVAL TO THE COURT EVERYONE WAS GIVEN A CARD WITH A NUMBER THAT WE WILL BE SEEN BY A COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE TO DISCUSE THE ISSUE I WAS SEEN BY THE COUNCIL IN WHICH I PUT MY DEFENCE THAT I AM PAYING AND NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT NOT EVEN OWED THE COUNCIL I SAID TO THEM I WOULD LIKE TO DEFEND MYSELF IN FRONT OF THE MIGISTRATE INSTEAD THEY INTIMEDATED ME THAT BAILIFFS WILL ATTEND MY PROPERTY AND A COST WILL INCUR AS WELL. WHAT IS MY RIGHT IN THIS MATTER?MY RIGHT HAS BEEN DENIED

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I have converted this to question and answer.

Can you respond now?