12826847

my landlord wants me to sign a new tenancy agreement and wants

Customer Question

my landlord wants me to sign a new tenancy agreement and wants to put the rent up by £16 per week. my 19 year old daughter has come to live with me short term with two cats which the landord agreed to but the landlord wants my daughters name added to the tenancy with the cats added to tenancy agreement. My daughter does not pay me rent and will be buying a property soon with her boyfriend. The heating and hot water packed up last week and after 4 days of having plumbers in is now fixed. just seems that my rent has gone up to pay for the boiler and labour. Can my landlord charge me more for having my daughter and her cats living with me?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What type of contract are you on and when does it expire please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should have said £16 per week rent has gone up. we moved in april 2012 and this is the first time we have been asked to sign a new tenancy agreement. the landlord has now posted new tenancy agreement and said she will not put faye on agreement but is now saying she is upset that we have not adhered to the no shoes in the house ???? That we supposedly agreed to?? She has said that this is a difficult time for her and she does not like the idea of the house running to wreck and ruin. nothing in the house has changed, we have not put any holes in the wall or put tv on wall so when we move out we would shampoo carpet and clean so dont know why she is so picky.

So what type of contract is this and when does it expire?