29905560

I studied a diploma to adult nursing and in that i spent five

Customer Question

I studied a diploma to adult nursing and in that i spent five years as a full time student, i took time off within the five years for maternity leave. i started the course in september 2007 and went on maternity leave in november 2009. I was the end of my second year second semester and only had placement to do. i was informed i will joined in the third year and do my placement in between. but when i got back i had to repeat second year second semester again. the two lecturers interviewing were arguing on whether i should joined the 3rd year or repeat the second year second semester. so it was decided i should join the second year second semester. I repeated the assignment and exams as a second attempt but did placement as first attempt. so in my 3rd year final placement i was signed off. i had a snapshot placement to do for 4 weeks, but i found out i was pregnant so i informed my university. i did all the checks that was needed, but on the day of my placement i felt really sick and could not take anything in . i informed my tutor and was told not to worry and that a place would be made for me to come and practice. i saw my doctor and i was diagnose with hyperremisis. i even ended up in hospital for this. my university gave me time with with the sick note from my doctor. when i contatcted my tutor getting a placement dragged on and by the time they even got me a place in october, my time was up. according to the NMC i have 5 years full time to study.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did they actually fail you - when did the last act by the university occur in relation to this?

JACUSTOMER-4epo3rg1- :

they sent me a notice in October 2012 to inform me of how the delay of my course has affected me

JACUSTOMER-4epo3rg1- :

Hello Ben Jones

JACUSTOMER-4epo3rg1- :

Please are you going to advice me?

Ben Jones :

Sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. Just before I provide my advice can you please clarify what you actually wish to achieve, what outcome are you seeking?

JACUSTOMER-4epo3rg1- :

I want to either be given the chance to do the snapshot practice or the universitybuse my previous placement hours that the owe me to replace it as I have already been signed off as competent to practice as a nurse and be put on the NMC register