12826847

Hello I bought a car 3 weeks ago from a dealer in Bolton on

Customer Question

Hello I bought a car 3 weeks ago from a dealer in Bolton on the advert it advertised Sat Nav included. I travelled up from London and was happy with the car and although I tried to get the what I thought was the Sat Nav working to my surprise when I got home and fully checked the system the Unit installed was not the Sat Nav model. For the past 3 weeks I have been given 1 excuse after another the last communication with the company was Friday the 1st November they told me they were going to give me warranty on the car and claim back the Sat Nav and they will call me on Monday which was today. I did not get the call I spent just short off 11,000 and traded in my old car. I have the original advert can you please advise as to what I can do to sort this situation please. Lawrence

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo

I would like the Sat Nav as advertised or the funds to buy and fit the correct type for the car. where do I stand with this?

Sorry for the delay.

This vehicle was advertising as having sat nav. You are entitled to a vehicle with sat nav or a proportionate refund.

Obviously they cannot sell you the exact type of vehicle with a sat nav system as they do not have one.

You could ask for a reduction in price to the value of a replacement. That would seem reasonable,

Alternatively you could ask them to repair your vehicle so that the sat nav does work within a reasonable time.

This is not a Sale of Goods Act issue. This is just simple misrepresentation.