13262538

I have a step daughter who we have had many years of problems

Customer Question

I have a step daughter who we have had many years of problems and therapy with. She is sixteen and pregnant. We have eight year old daughter in the house whom I don't wish to learn of the situation. If my step daughter insists on having the child what can I do, I don't want her having her baby with us and us having to resume the costs and duties, not only do we not have the resources but it would not be a good example to the younger sister. I don't wish to come across as heartless but her relationship with us has always been at arms length and monopolised the families time and energy. Where do we stand?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What does he biological parent feel about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Like me, we have struggled with her decisions all of her life, we have had sessions with CAMS and other agencies due to her life choices. Her father has had no contact for 14 years. In truth we expected her to disappear from our life when she was eighteen due to what little disciplines we have managed to put in place.

Where is the child at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

living at home, if thats what you meant,right now she is at school,

is her mother willing to force her to leave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she is not sure yet, but does not want her having a baby in our home, so if that was her decision than yes.

The your wife and her daughter will need to consult Social Services and she will have to explain that she is not willing to house her daughter and the baby after the birth.
You cannot be forced to do so - but your wife will have to be clear about the situation.
It would be best if you did NOT attend the meetings.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details