13262538

ok thanks for that answer. Now if you can help with this.

Customer Question

ok thanks for that answer.

Now if you can help with this. My daughter has Autism, PiCA, Behaviour Problems, she is under going diagnosis for ADD or ADHD. The school are using threatening tactics to get her to do school work, such as you can not go out to play or go in the sweet project unless you do your work. Keeping in mind that Leah is disabled in many areas as a result of her condition. With this in mind is it not discrimination to expect her to complete tasks in exchange for treats with her inability being the very problems as opposed to just reluctance. I am sure that this is like threatening or bargaining with some one to run a race when they have no legs.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What comments does her consultant have on this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I presume you mean her doctor, Well at this time there is no comments however I am due a meeting with him soon.

Given the problems that you have listed is she not under the care of a hospital Paediatrician?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes she is under a paediatrician

What is his opinion of this approach by the school in terms of the child's needs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

At this point I have not discussed the matter with him

If you wish to address this with the school then you need expert advice to support your views.
This could be from a Paediatrician - or from any specialist nurse or therapist involved with her care
Only when you have this backup should you address the matter - but when you do you should arrange a meeting with both her Class teacher and the Head - and the SENCO
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details