13262538

Im wondering if it possible to revoke my mothers next of

Customer Question

I'm wondering if it possible to revoke my mother's next of kin rights. There is an irrevocable rift between us due to my gender identity and should I fall ill, be unconscious or die I do not trust her to act in my best interests.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you have someone else you trust to make these decisions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for responding. My brother and father would be the people I would prefer to make these decisions.

HI
In fact there is no legal definition of "next of kin" - it simply means the person you nominate - or your closest blood relative - which means that your mother has no more rights than your father.
However if you are concerned that your mother might interfere in matters you should make a Lasting Power of Attorney appointing your father and brother to deal with such matters whilst you are alive - and a Will appointing executors to deal with matters after your death
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details