12826847

How do I get rid of one trustee and find out where the other

Customer Question

How do I get rid of one trustee and find out where the other trustee lives. Accounts to april 2013 are still awaited and no money is arriving.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this

Can I just ask for a little more information please before getting back to you?

Is this a will trust please? How did you come to be a beneficiary?

How long has the trust been running and what is the difficulty please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sole beneficiary of the Will Trust. Father died n 1981. Have asked one trustee for copy of deed of retirement and appointment of new trustee but cannot get a response. Have telephoned the one trustee and asked for accounts to april 2013 but have not yet received them nor have |I received dividend monies recently. Have written several letters but get no response.

Who are the trustees or who were they? I do not need names, just their positions.

Were they solicitors?

Why do you need there to be another one? Has one retired or died?

What does the trust instrument say with regard to what you get and when?

Have you considered bringing the trust to an end if you are the sole beneficiary?

When did you last get a response, or anything from the trust?

I need to know what the problem is with one and the other trustee, as you appear to be able to get hold of one of them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response. I have today heard from the Trustee concerned that he is retiring, a new trustee will be appointed and the accounts and cheque should be with me by the end of the week. I therefore do not require your expertise any longer. What happens now do you send me a bill?

No problem.

All the best with this.