75100385

hello I wondered if somebody can point me in the right direc

Customer Question

hello I wondered if somebody can point me in the right direction please I work for a shipping company sailing out of Grimsby , some how my boss has lost the ship I work on due to bank and money problems , his bank Barclays have sold the boat to a new owner and he is refusing to let anybody on board and has secured all the doors on board I have sent an inventory to his solicitor with no joy!! it has been 16 days now and I need to have my personal belongings i.e: my safety equipment my bedding and all my personal offshore training certificates , my passport and my seamans registration book from the maritime coastguard agency ... I cannot get another job without the documentation ..... can you please advise me what to do and can I invoice him for hire ? as to say .... thank you phil xxxx

Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you this evening. How long did you work for the previous employer for? Is the new owner of the ship carrying out the same work that the prevous owner was?
JACUSTOMER-x4us9vfd- :

hello

JACUSTOMER-x4us9vfd- :

I have worked for them since june 2013 ..... this new owner is a bit of a fly by night ....I do not know him ...he has refused all access to my belongings and is apparently taking the ship back to malta with a foreign crew .....I am worried about my document to be honest on board

taratill : ok bear with me while I prepare my response.
JACUSTOMER-x4us9vfd- :

ok thank you

JACUSTOMER-x4us9vfd- :

and can I charge him for hire as to say for withholding my belongings too

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

On what basis has he refused to give it you back please?