Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

My husband has had his application turned down to visit me

Customer Question

My husband has had his application turned down to visit me in the uk as the Border agency says he needs to prove he will go back to his music business in Ghana. how can he do that when it's his own business
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question. This can be difficult. UKBA is automatically going to be suspicious when a husband wants to come to the UK to visit his wife - they will tend to assume that he is not a genuine visitor.

Can you explain a little more your circumstances. Why are you living in the UK and he living in ghana? What is the nature of his music business? Does he have premises employees etc?

He needs to show there are good reasons why he has to return to Ghana at the end of a visit here. If he can show continuing commitments in Ghana and assets that might be at risk is he did not go back it all helps.