75100385

my car has been towed due to an outstanding ticket. they told

Customer Question

my car has been towed due to an outstanding ticket. they told me that letter were sent to me, i did get them. can this be reverse

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Just so I understand you accept getting the letters? How much do you owe please? Can you afford to pay it?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

£700 and i cant afford it

Alex Watts :

I assume this was a Council ticket?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

parking ticket

Alex Watts :

Yes but from a Council?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

enfield council

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

sorry its borough of camden

Alex Watts :

Thats ok - it is a Council ticket.

Alex Watts :

Did you have any grounds to appeal the parking ticket?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

going thru separation with my wife. i dont have access to the property for now. therefore, i did not get the letters that was sent to me

Alex Watts :

You said above you did get the letters?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

i did not get the letters

Alex Watts :

Ok. What you need to do is urgently go to Court and make a statutory declaration.

Alex Watts :

This is where you swear on oath before a Court that you did not know about proceedings and only just found out.

Alex Watts :

If satisfied the Court can set aside proceedings and the whole matter stops and the process starts again.

Alex Watts :

But if you lie on oath or they find out you did know about it before then you can be sent to prison for contempt of Court.

Alex Watts :

But speak to the Court about making an urgent application for a statutory demand.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

can i go to any court or does it have to be in camden

Alex Watts :

Try your local Court but the bailiffs should have left paperwork for you with the claim number on etc.

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

they did not leave anything. they towed the car from enfield collage

Alex Watts :

Ok - you will need some details to go to Court or they may be able to look it up on their system for you.

Alex Watts :

Does this help?

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

it does, let me phone my local court and see what they will say

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-grb9oo4p- :

thanks very much for your help, Alex W

Alex Watts :

All the best

Alex Watts : Please remember to leave feedback before you go - thanks.