13262538

Hi, I have a daughter 9 years old who has autism, add, pica,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a daughter 9 years old who has autism, add, pica, behaviour problems.

The teacher at school shouts at her and threatens to ban her from going out to play if she does not do her work, she was made late for her dinner today as she did not complete her work as result of her inability to carry it out because of her disabilities.

Sending her to dinner late distressed as she was bulled in with older children and was set about and taken the mick out of.

What are my child's legal rights with this
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you.
I am sorry but the answer remains as before - in order to take the matter forward on this basis you will need expert advice as to how your daughter's special needs should in fact be addressed and that the methods adopted by the school are harmful to her.
Without this there is little likelihood of a complaint being taken seriously
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you any comments to make as regards the Equality Act 2010 with reference to shouting at my disabled daughter and preventing her from going out to play

I am sorry but that simply is not relevant in this situation UNLESS and UNTIL you have produced the evidence that this is not an appropriate way of dealing with the child.
If you had already had a number of meetings involving the Health care professional caring for your child and the school and there was a Statement of needs in place detailing the child's educational requirements THEN you might be able to invoke the Act - as things stand you cannot do so