13262538

hi the situation is there is an order for supervised contact

Customer Question

hi the situation is there is an order for supervised contact (final order) one per calendar month in oct I had cancel the visit due to my son ill health following a mmr vaccination but told the contact centre I was willing to attend on a different date in the month but dad said he was not available on any other date that month so the thirst sat in nov was arranged for next contact unfortunately I am pregnant with complications and been on bed rest and fainting haemoraging so was unable to make the 2nd nov but again was willing to make my son available for any other sat in nov as would arrange a friend or family member to take him if I was still when the cafcass officer and manager of the center contacted dad he got very aggressive and shouting at them so they could not tell him the circumstances or arrange another date but he said we will hear from his solicitor but he did not even goive them chance to arrange another sat where contact to take place so cafcass officer told me she had politely put the phone down because he was aggressive and shouting and she was only trying help and she no longer involved in the case as the order was made and final in court now I do not know how to move forward as I have no direct contact with dad to arrange another visit and am worried I will get into trouble I have contacted the center by email again as this only way I can contact as phone is not answered saying if they hear from dad to ask him what date best suits him this month is there anything else I can do? thanks caroline
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
have you now made arrangements to ensure that in future if you are not well enough someone else can take the child to the Centre?
Do you know who his solicitor is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have asked family and friends can they take my son if need be it is hard as my son has only met his dad 3 times and I have had to sit in corner of room to make him calm my dad has said he will take my son if he has been told in advance as he lives 40 miles from me and my friend said she can do one date in nov the 16th but my partner has said if need be he will take him on the bus as he does not drive so we comply with making him available once per calendar month

no I do not know his solicotors and the case has finished and he was getting legal aid at the time

Is there a set pattern - such as the first saturday in the month?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the order states for there to be one supervised contact for up to 2 hrs according to cody and his behaviour and maximum of 2 hrs and has be supervised by a member of staff not supported per calendar month to be agreed through ourselves and contact member staff

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi did you get my last post as no reply?

Have you tried to arrange a pattern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the reason it is one per calendar month and no set pattern as I work 1 in three Saturdays and sometimes it would class if say first sat also dad has commitment to see another son on Saturdays so arranges ariund both aspects that why order says on any date one per calendar month that why I said we could rearrange contact on both occasions to suit him as I on sick leave at moment then I also obeying order cause making son available for contact within the calendar month

Hi Caroline
Then you have done absolutely everything that you can do to enable the Contact to take place.
The only other thing you should do is make sure that you have a doctors note to cover the two missed dates so that you can prove that the problem was unavoidable
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks do I justr ask at the doctors for a note?

HI
Yes - but be warned they may charge you for it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice do I need request that letter now or wait to see if he goes back to solicitor and court?

I on sick so don't want waste money if can be although no amount money will be wasted on ensuring children are safe but I mean avoidable charges.

I have no problem requesting one I just not entirely sure you mean get one now in case as a precaution or wait till asked to supply one

Caroline

Next time you see your doctor see if he will do it for free - if so great - if not then wait!