12826847

Good morning I pulled up for a for 3-4 minutes outside my

Customer Question

Good morning

I pulled up for a for 3-4 minutes outside my daughter's house whilst my wife popped in to pick up something. I displayed my blue badge but whilst sitting in the car a gentleman pulled up behind me, photograhed my car and drove off without any dialogue and I have now received an invoice for £60

I had not realised that the estate on which she lives has not yet been adopted by the council so is private land, hence the Blue badge is not valid. There are no line markings but there are signs up everywhere stating that parkind and waiting is not allowed other than by "permit holders". I stupidly believed that I was a permit holder being a Blue Badge holder. I have never pulled up outside the front of her house before but the company is Parking Direct!!!!Their track record on the internet seems quite apalling!!!!

I have appealed against the "invoice" but would be grateful for your advice

XXXXX XXXXX

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What date did this happen please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tuesday of this week

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
No problem at all. I am simply at Gatwick Airport in the BA First Class Lounge and wil be flying very soon. Sorry... I probably chose a rather inappropriate time to email you for advice

Its my fault actually. I lost my internet connection. I'm at a court with really bad connection.

Is it too late to scan and email me the ticket? These blue badge fines usually have the support of the local authority not a private land company.

You can email it to [email protected] but include a link to this post so the mods know its for me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo
Good morning from Tenerife where my wife and I are on two weeks vacation.

My sincere apologies for having to break off from our dialogue on Friday but we were about to fly at 12.45 and I simply ran out of time

Since corresponding with you I have managed to speak with the MD of the Consortium who organise the parking through Park Direct for the developer, CharlesChurch, on the estate in question. He is being incredibly helpful and will do his best to mediate on my behalf in view of my Blue Badge

I have not yet physically received the "ticket". I am told on the telephone that it is on it's way but as the car is a lease car from BMW UK it will take some time to physically reach me. In any case I will not be able to see it until our return from Tenerife on Saturday November 23. I am expecting it to be some kind of invoice from Parking Direct as the Local Authority are in no way involved as they have not yet adopted the estate

Jo, this is the first time that I have used your system and am very impressed with it's workings and your response. May I keep you informed of developments or is there a time limit on each case?

I look forward to hearing from you

Mike Cook

Yes, come back when you like. The question won't close from your side.

Do not be discouraged if you receive a rejection from. Private land companies often do that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo
My goodness they were quick. My car is a lease car from BMW as our son is UK Customer Service Manager so we get a good deal.

The ticket has gone through the BMW system already and landed on his desk as the car is technically in his name.

It all looks official enough, but how do I forward it to you to have a look at? At the moment it is on an email from our son to myself.

Incidentally, I do not know what their response is to my appeal as I posted it to them so no doubt it will be lying on my doorstep when I return from Tenerife. I fear the worst as the blogs on the web regarding Park Direct are horrendous.

So sorry about all this which is really trivia to you as a barrister but thank you for your advice

Best wishes

Mike
No, its fine. These fines are a bit of a national issue actually.

you can forward it on here [email protected] but make sure you include a link to this page so the mods know its for me.

It does cause a bit of delay but I should get it tonight.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jo

Good morning from a very hot Tenerife

I forwarded that parking ticket to you the night before last but I just wondered if you had received it. I actually sent it to justanswer.com and wondered afterwards whether I should have sent it to justanswer.co.uk. I did say that it was for the attention of Jo C

Thank you so much for your involvement. I do appreciate it.Have a good day in court if that is your schedule for today.

Best wishes

Mike
Thanks. I haven't got it yet but I'll come back when I do.

There's no real pressure on this immediately. You'll have 28 days to respond so don't panic.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Jo. No problem
Mike
All the best.