12826847

hi i have a mortgage and been with my so called partner for

Customer Question

hi i have a mortgage and been with my so called partner for 28 years and i have always payed the bills eg, mortgage heating lighting everything even down to the food on the table. The mortgage i have payed for 10 years now. My partner has said the house is mine and he wants nothing to do with it so when i went to get a remortgage in my sole name he refused to sign it even though he signed the first set of papers but refused to sign the deeds, What can i do as i have had enough.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

property is worth 68,000 there is 18,700 left of the mortgage

Has he asked for a capital settlement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he wants me to keep on paying the mortgage myself or he has said if i default on the mortgage whats left we should have 20,000 pound each even though i have paid everything from day one of this mortgage and household bills.

So in fact he does not wish to give you his share of the property at all
Who lives there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just the 2 of us.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My partner works and he pays nothing and i need to get out of this no relationship. I do not want to lose my home as i have worked hard and had work done to the property which i paid for. eg. My roof new windows and doors as i am getting older and needed warmth and had my garden landscaped as i was falling everytime i went outside. I have paid alot of money for repairs.

Has he agreed to move out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he has not we are not talking to each other due to circumstances which he has caused and i do not bother with him in any way shape or form and has not done so for many years.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can i do without losing everything that i have worked so hard for.

I assume that you no longer pay for his food?
I also assume that you were never married?
Were ther any children and what the original agreement about finances when you purchased the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i buy food as little as possible for myself as i work 5 nights and he only works 2 and he eats what little food i buy so i hide some. We are not married. There are 3 children but they have grown up and gone from home. When i took out the mortgage we were under the impression that the mortgage was in my sole name that was it but when i went to remortgage with another bank they pointed out that he was on there in small print. The mortgage was done by his friend a barrister and he obviously took it on board that it was a joint mortgage but this should not have been the case.

So it was never planned that this would be a joint venture?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it was not.

Has he ever accepted that in writing?