75100385

my boy with an autism went to taikwando class and the instructor

Customer Question

my boy with an autism went to taikwando class and the instructor sais: if you want to behave like an idiot and I will treat you as idots, when class ended I asked the instructor and he said to me that's what they are

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve because of this? Did the instructor know of the condition please?

JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

He knows , but doesn't care, and denied that he did never stated that they were idiots to me. it is very annoying. I have paid for taikwando till December. The director wanted to resolve this by inviting my children to return. but the instructor in question is not remorseful and my boy doesn't want to go back.

Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

I want to make the organisation understand that my boy is not an idiot. Rather, he is a boy with special needs that needs to be addressed and I want the instructor to be cautioned legally.

JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

I need some legal advise on how to go about this situation. Because I am not happy and my boy is not happy.

Alex Watts :

Who is the class run by - is it the local Authority or private?

JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

privately owned

Alex Watts :

Ok - the rights are less than if it was a public body.

Alex Watts :

What you should do is write and complain and ask that they investigate.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse or you are not happy with the reply then you should complain to Equality on Human Rights. They are located at: http://www.equalityhumanrights.com

Alex Watts :

But the difficulty is that this is not a public body, so the normal rights are not available/.

Alex Watts :

But certainly you can take the steps I have identified and raise a formal complaint with the class and the Government Body that deals with these matters.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

yes please do

Alex Watts : Oka.
Alex Watts : ok?
JACUSTOMER-rfdwiro6- :

what is your advice then

Alex Watts : To complain to the club and to the Equality commission linked above.