12826847

I accidentally drove through a restricted area which then led

Customer Question

I accidentally drove through a restricted area which then led me into a pedestrian precinct in Luton. There was no `no entry` sign that l could see. There was a camera on the traffic light. It happened on a Sunday. Could this be an endorsable offence ? I presume the canera was a council camera and not a police one.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you report it please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No l didn`t. I am not sure who to report it to. I know that it is not a police matter but presumably it will be a council matter ?

There are really two options here.

The first is that the cameras were from the department of transport enforceable by police. If so then that is probably just a traffic light offence cameras.

The second is that they are council cameras enforcing no entry signs. If so, that is not endorsable. It just leads to the normal fixed penalty like for parking fines.

Either way though, do nothing. Not all these cameras have film in them so you may hear nothing.

Also, if this is a no entry sign issue then you can defend this on the basis that there were no signs. They cannot enforce a prohibition without signing.