29905560

Can you help me write an bullying letter

Customer Question

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Can you write a letter for me re bullying at work
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Hey Ben,what's happening, 54 brick just taken
Ben Jones :

I need to know more information, I can't just write a letter without knowing what has happened

Ben Jones :

damages for disappointment where the "contract was to provide enjoyment, security, comfort or sentimental benefits", such as wedding venue, wedding photography, holidays, etc are established under common law principles

Ben Jones :

sorry ignore last post, I would still need to know details of the situation you are contacting us about

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Can you tell what the £54 was for ?
Ben Jones :

The fee you have paid is for help with your query but I cannot help you without getting more information about what you need a letter written on, it's like asking me to write your autobiography without knowing you. I need further and detailed information about your situation

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : What does £54 cover ?
Ben Jones :

Well what do you specifically need, i cannot write a letter for you from scratch because I need a lot of detailed information from you to do this and by the time you have provided this the letter's contents will already be there, so what would then be left to do is check it and get it structured for presentation to the employer - so that is what the fee would cover

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : I'm looking at writing a complaint regarding a senior
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : I'm looking at writing a letter, to complain about a senior member
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Of staff intimidating and being aggressive towards staff Ben
Ben Jones :

ok but as you can hopefully understand it is not possible for me to help you based on what you have told me so far. All i know is you want to make a complaint about bullying at work, i have absolutely no details of the bullying you are complaining of, what forms it has taken, how often it has occurred, why it may be happening, what you have done about it yet, etc. You will have to supply quite a lot more detail regarding this before we can get anywhere further with this

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : I want to make it anonymou
Ben Jones :

what - the information on here or the complaint to your employer?

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Both
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : To my employer
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Like, I am concerned about the intimidation
JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : and bullying of Joe Bloggs to staff
Ben Jones :

you do not have to mention any names n here - when you make the complaint you will have to identify against who it s but can ask the employer to keep your details anonymous

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Ye that's ok, I'm just looking for the right wording,how can I word it Ben
Ben Jones :

ok I must stress again that I cannot just give you a wording without knowing full details of what has happened - there is no such things a standard complaint letter for bullying, it will be tailored on the specific circumstances. So I must ask you one more time to please provide me with full details of the issues you wish to complain about (no need to mention names) and go into as much detail as possible and then I can get something together. but I am not talking about a few lines of brief examples, i need detail. Without this, there is little I can do to help

JACUSTOMER-euqd3enk- : Ok, the member is staff intimidates, rants,and speaks down to people in font of people,on a daily basis
Ben Jones :

take your time and post the information on here this evening. I have to see some clients now on a professional matter so will leave chat but will be back late this evening and can sort it out then. You will get an email when I have responded, thanks

Ben Jones :

So in the meantime you just go ahead listing the information on here

Ben Jones :

Hello, I am still missing any sort of detail about your situation so will just have to provide a basic letter based on the extremely limited information I have so far.

Any letter of complaint about bullying would need to be sent to your line manager, unless they are the person you are complaining about, in which case it would go either to the person above them or to HR. It can be structured as follows:

"Dear X

I wish to express my concerns about the behaviour of [name of bully] and the way he/she treats their staff. I have frequently witnessed them display unacceptable behaviour in the form of intimidation, rants, speaking down to people, belittling them and generally what could be considered as bullying.

I have consulted the ACAS website, which defines bullying as “offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting behaviour, an abuse or misuse of power through means that undermine, humiliate, denigrate or injure the recipient.” I strongly believe this is what is happening here and feel obliged to bring these to your attention.

[If you can provide details of specific incidents, dates, etc then do so here]

I feel the most appropriate way to deal with this issue is to speak directly to [name of bully] and make them aware of the issues they are creating in the workplace and if there is no improvement with their behaviour to take formal disciplinary action against them. If these incidents continue to occur, more and more of the affected staff are likely to come forward and raise formal complaints or take further action so the sooner this is dealt with the better.

Finally, please note that I am raising this in strict confidence and formally request that my details are kept confidential and not revealed to [name of bully] without my express consent.

Yours sincerely"

So this is what a bullying complaint letter more or less looks like - is this what you required?

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your query or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?