75100385

What court do I use to appeal the decision of a district judge

Customer Question

What court do I use to appeal the decision of a district judge in a housing matter where the judge has refused the right to appeal. Do I appeal to that County Court where the matter was hear of the appeal Court or the High Court ?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes you appeal to the SAME County Court the decision you are appealing was made.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this for you today please?

JACUSTOMER-472jxmax- :

Hello Alex I am not sure if you have seen the last question I asked

JACUSTOMER-472jxmax- :

Hello Alex. Can I ask a question please.

JACUSTOMER-472jxmax- :

I am due to hand in a request for an oral appearance before a district Judge in Brighton. However the transcript of the case is not due for another three weeks. What is the procedure for requesting an adjournment till I have the transcript of the judgement in the case at Horsham County Court ?