75100385

and became aggressive when asked to leave. I got this on my

Customer Question

and became aggressive when asked to leave.
I got this on my camera phone.
The landlord are insisting I must not record staff when in my home despite the theft incidents.
Are any of my landlords actions harassment?

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

I can't see all of your question, can you give more information please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to give me more information?

I think some of your question was truncated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi My landlord a Housing Association have been giving me a hard time. Do any of their actions amount to harassment?

1. They sent me letters threatening me with eviction although I owed no rent arrears at all. I asked them to stop sending me letters and demands but they ignored me. 2

2. The housing officer called me a pedophile during a phone call, and refused to withdraw the allegation. The manager wrote a week later and said she was wrong and will be retrained.

The landlords repair men I caught stealing from my home whilst doing repairs. I caught them on my camera phone in mid theft. The landlord say I am wrong to have recorded them in my home after discovering them stealing, and again have threatened me with losing my home.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I am Getting confused by messages received on here Have you now got my question?

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please I still need help

What stage are matters? Have you been served with a Notice Seeking Possession?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not yet.

My main concerns are they know my rent account is in credit but because of their own systems they do communicate with each other and keep sending me demanding letters. I feel harassed and distressed they can threaten my tenancy despite being in credit with receipts to prove it which I have sent them by recorded delivery. I want to take action for harassment Can I do that? Do I have grounds to do so/

Have you complained to the Housing Association yet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes by recorded delivered emailed and included the CEO and Managing director and got no response

Ok - then the next step is the Ombudsman. They are independent and their website is: http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

They can consider any complaints that you have. But you do not have a claim for harassment against the Housing Association as they are carrying out their lawful duties and are entitled to do that.

But you should raise a complaint formally with the Ombudsman to be investigated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont understand your last message. They are pursuing me for arrears I do not owe. I am in credit. They have been written to with proof and asked to stop sending me letters demanding money and threatening my tenancy. How can they be just doing their lawful duty? I do not owe a single penny in rent arrears There is absolute proof of that I am in credit so how is their pursuing me for something I do not actually own lawful instead of harassment?

That is not harassment. You need to take the complaint to the Ombudsman. If the Chief Executive has not replied the next level of complaint is Ombudsman. Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Really not harassment I consider this case relevant and had hoped you would confirm it was harassment.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

I am aware of that case but it is not on all fours. Your next action is to complain to the Ombudsman. You have not been served NOSP, you have not been issued proceedings. The Ombudsman is the way forward. Alex

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On all fours?

Yes, to rely on a case it has to be on exactly the same facts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was pursued for arrears she did not owe Same as me

But yours is a Housing Matter, hers is Utility. It has to be the same facts to rely upon it. In any event you still have an avenue of appeal being the Ombudsman.
In any event the case does NOT say that the conduct WAS harassment the case said that the case had SOME merit and should go to trial. You therefore are unable to rely on it - which is why I said you need to go to the Ombudsman.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shw won her case and £20,000 It did go to trial. Im not very happy with your response and inclined to give a bad review

Ok - Good luck then.