12826847

Charles, a

Customer Question

Charles, a Home Office minister, recommends that members of the public who witness an attack in the street try to ‘distract’ the attackers by ‘jumping up and down’ while waiting for the police to arrive. He makes this suggestion in a television interview, watched by John, and repeats it a public lecture, attended by Amina, and a private meeting with Giorgio, a member of his constituency.

John, Amina, and Giorgio follow Charles’ suggestion. They all suffer serious injuries inflicted by criminals, who escape before the police can arrive.

Some law and order experts describe the advice as ‘irresponsible’; others say that it ‘might work’.

Advise John, Amina and Giorgio, who want to sue Charles in negligence.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

This sounds like a terrible incident. Have these people instructed lawyers? How long ago did the incident take place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is just a problem question that I am truly struggling with. It mainly is a hypothetical situation, and let's suppose this is a recent one.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Oh. I can't help with hypothetical situations I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He said he could not help me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
didnt help me at all
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that JustAnswer.co.uk does not support homework questions. I can close this question and refund the deposit on request.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please. I didnt know that wasnt possible. Could I get a refund? Thank you.