29905560

hi as school chair of governors I have issued a disciplinary

Customer Question

hi
as school chair of governors I have issued a disciplinary notice on the head because of serious inconsistencies in the targets justifying a surplus spend. The LEA has not backed me and has issued a warning on the governing body for me to tract. Being excluded from the governors meeting they voted for me to retract which I have not done because it is against the law (for suspected gross misconduct). The Governors then voted (only 5 took the vote out of 15 governors with only 9 attending the meeting) to suspend me on the grounds of bringing them into disrepute-please remember that I cannot tell them what the disciplinary is about? In this the proposer was allowed to vote which cannot be allowed. On querying this proposer vote with the LEA so as to invalid suspension they said it was fine and any more contact would be considered vextious. So it appears that I no right of appeal is open to me. what should i do?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you want to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-fow7bfrl- :

Essentially if the head does not provide additional info and continue to refuse a face to face then go through with the disciplinary. important to get this right as it undermines school governance. also for my credibility to be re-instated and the lea to be brought to account