75100385

I have received 1 phonecall, 2 visits and 3 letters. I have

Customer Question

I have received 1 phonecall, 2 visits and 3 letters. I have a letter draft to brush up for the council and as at yesterday despite calling them (council) to discuss the matter and establlish their role and what can be done -nothing. They have not got back to me. I need to know what can be done. What rights do the council have and what are mine with regards XXXXX XXXXX hours that household appliances can be used now regardless of the downstairs tenants own routines, because his expectations are far too restrictive for my lifestyle and clearly Im the only one making any adjustments which are making no diffence except further restrictions on my part. Hope that answers your question.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain the situation a little more - is this only to do with noise nuisance? Are you a Council tenant please?

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

OFFLINE AGAIN SO SOON!?! Yes I am a council tenant (housing association) the noise he is complaining about is : i am to avoid waking or disturbing anyone using the bedroom on the ground floor currently being used by tenants daughter,ensure no instruments/music is played before 9am and after 9pm,avoid moving funiture around which involves dragging on floor (noise disturbance) advised additional flooring, tenantes handbook refers to floor boards( bare wooden floor) mine is concrete floor with covering including carpet,rugs and two different types of tiling.SUGGESTION made to put down interlocking floor covering.

He also complained of "noise" at 6am- I too heard it but know not where it came from. hoovering also hoovering at 7;15

Alex Watts :

I am online although the system shows me offline for some reason.

Alex Watts :

Why type of flooring do you have? Is this person above you?

Alex Watts :

Carpet, do I understand?

Alex Watts :

Have the Association installed noise monitoring equipment at all please?

Alex Watts :

Are you able to respond?

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

I live in a 2 bedroom flat. The layout is the same as the tenant below.In th hallway where all rooms shoot off from is carpeted, a large rug is in the living room and made of same material is covering sticky floor tiles. The room causing most concern is a bedroom that i use for children as a playroom, mostly in the day has lino which is the same as what the council put down in the kitchen. the toilet and bathroom have a type of compressed wood and cardboard. i am above my neighbour. no "noise equipment" has been used to my knowledge.

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

In light of the flooring used, the letters, visits and phonecall, the restriction on the use of the room and times i can and cannot use household items eg. i get in about 8pm and would have to use my machine then to do a simple laundry load. What does the British law say on use of household appliances? Could you dictate to your neighbour when they could vacuum? is that not restricting? what are my rights i can exercise here?

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

i spend so much time out of the property because i feel like i cant do anything.if i fwere to further invest in more fabric flooring at an expense to myself and he continued to complain would that be classed as him abusing the system and hharrassing me? i appreciate you asking for further clarification but im yet to hear a response tht enables me to gague what i can do if anything and the councils right to impose these restrictions because the tenant doesnt like my lifestyle.

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

are you able to respond??

JACUSTOMER-k8vsecco- :

ok well i tried rating you but system will only do that when a reply has been given

I have changed format in case you can not see, is this better?

So on what basis do they say you have made noise, only on the say so of the neighbour?

They are stating you can not do certain things or use machines after 8pm?

Can you see my replies?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good morning

I can see your responses cllearly , Thank you

No equipment has been used in my home , I wouldnt know if any has been used in his. To answer your question Yes on his say so. That I believe allows him to add lies to 'strengthen' his case. I told the housing officer that some of the things he claims happened never did.eg, moving scrapping furniture around at 12;30 am, and had they called me back i would further added to it the 7;15 hoover incident. I dont use my washing machine after 9pm & not before uni as I leave around 6;30am

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have rated your service,because I want you to get credited for it but i feel it has been rather poor. I have not received any answers to my questions and havent received from you any confirmation as to this'free' trial period nor if the two payments i have made so far will be refunded.its particularly badly set up that you pay before getting an answer, and how can a service be properly rated if no answers are given? I appreciate you want to gain further information, Im wondering at what cost.

I need to establish all the facts before I can supply you with an answer. Anything billing related you will need to speak with customer services as I have no access. Have you complained to the chief executive yet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning ;o)

let me know what further information you require and i shall endeavour to get back to you . it could be some six hours later though.

Sure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

didnt hear anything back from you, in previous conversations I had asked questions that I still have not received an answer on. Can you
confirm whether you have sufficient information and are planning to let me know if I have a case. i did answer the questionare though it wasnt favourable. I expressed my dissatisfaction in the whole set up and commented on my experience. If you are not proceeding any further could you let me know as I will need to persue other enquiries. Thank you

Could you be kind enough to repeat the questions as I can not see them and I will try to assist you.