12826847

I ordered a telephone call blocker from Cold Call Elimination

Customer Question

I ordered a telephone call blocker from Cold Call Elimination Ltd, ofXXXXX Bognor Road, Chichester on or about 1st Septeber 2013. I paid £73.99 for it by credit card over the phone. The transaction is set down on my Barclaycard statement for October 2013 on 13th September. I found the goods to be faulty and telephoned the company to let them know I was returning the goods which I did on 3rd October. I gave them a week to respond and phoned again. This would be on or about 23rd October. My call was taken by Dominic who promised to refund the money. When this did not happen I rang, and have telephoned nine or ten times since but either there is no reply or a message that "their agents are busy". I would be most grateful if you could advise me on a course of action which would result in the requested refund. I contacted Barclaycard
today and a dispute form is on its way. Norman Heeley [email protected]

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

JACUSTOMER-gzsht1yb- :

Many thanks. Could you please e-mail your reply to me ?

Can you respond now?

Ive converted this to Q and A as I could not see your responses in chat.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What information do you need?

Is the company based in the UK?

Don't give me their address but are they UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Based in UK

They are easy to sue then.

Are you asking how you can recover your money?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am asking how to recover my money

The first point is that I'm sure they will refund so you will not need to take this action.

However, if they do not then you can pursue this option. Of course, they should offer a refund. The fact remains that they have not.

Since they have not there is only one way to recover your money and that is to sue. You can do so here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Its a good idea to send them one letter giving them 28 days to pay and making clear that in default you will sue. These letters before action often do achieve the right result.

Failing that, you are left with suing.