75100385

I am due in court on the 29th November for Drink driving. I

Customer Question

I am due in court on the 29th November for Drink driving. I was twice over the limit. No damage, injury caused. First ever contact with the police. will plead guilty as i did it. my reading to the court will be 91. Ive been told to use the duty solicitor on the day

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

I am assuming your reading of 91 was the first ever offence.

Alex Watts :

I assume that was in breath also. Given your reading the guideline for that is a starting point of a medium level community order but the rate is a low level to high level Community Order.

Alex Watts :

Given the range for readings in this bracket is 91-119 I am of the view you are at the lower end.

Alex Watts :

You should therefore get a Community Order probably medium level.

Alex Watts :

The level of disqualification is 23-28 months.

Alex Watts :

I think you are at the lower end so will be disqualified for 24 months. You will also have to pay costs of £85 and victim surcharge of £60

Alex Watts :

Also you may ask for the drink drive course which would mean you are entitled to a 25% discount on the ban so it would come down to around 18 months.

Alex Watts :