Good morning. I would like to know if its am offence for a

Customer Question

Good morning. I would like to know if it's am offence for a person to use hacked text messages from my phone against me. That person obtained without my consent all my text messages for almost 2 years, sending threatening messages to me and wants to meet. If I don't do what I'm told will use the content of my texts against me to loose my job. Thank you

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

How did they get access to your messages please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex husband has a healing programme
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He print all my texts for last 2 years and because I have a restriction order against him and he's not allowed to come close to me, my work or people in contact with me he gave them to other people to use them against me and current partner now they are threatening to show them all if we are not doing as told
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will I get an answer? My ex husband has a hacking programme. Was a spelling mistake sorry
Yes, I guessed what you meant.

When you say hacking, what do you mean? Is he using your passwords or literally hacking in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not using any password just using a programme that gives them access to my texts, emails and calls. I need to need them in 15 min and I don't know what to do please answer I'm desperate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex husband is printing them out and this other 2 people are using the texts against me and my current partner
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.

What type of programme? I need to ascertain whether this is hacking or just getting access to your phone using information like passwords.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a computer programme allowing him to view all my phone data including texts, calls, emails. He's not using my passwords. He is using only my phone number. I just want to know if this two people can use my private texts against me if I never give them my permission to use them. As I said my ex husband is printing them and this two other people are threatening me and my current partner that they will use them against us to make us loose our jobs and much more.
Thanks. Its difficult to tell what he has done exactly. It could be hacking. If its not hacking then its probably computer misuse though.

In terms of what the people who have those messages now can do, that is more complicated. I presume they were not involved in any unlawful acts to obtain the messages? If so, there is no specific offence arising.

I'm not clear upon what they are theatening now? That could amount to blackmail possibly but it depends on what is being said.

If its just that they have come by texts that they are threatening to forward to your employer though then that would not offend per se. People are free to act upon information that they have come by in this way. What they are not allowed to do is commit other offences.

Sorry if this is bad news but I have to give you truthful information.