12826847

I took delivery of my new Mercedes B Class from the local

Customer Question

I took delivery of my new Mercedes 'B' Class from the local Dealer at the end of September. As soon as the Showroom reveal took place (i.e. the dust cover was removed), I noticed a rubber seal for the stationary part of the glass roof was protruding and not fitting correctly. A Service Technician was summoned to look at the problem, but it was immediately clear that the car would have to be booked to be investigated further. A few days later I had reason to take some paperwork in to the salesman and their Senior Service receptionist said "we'll look at it now as this may save you coming in again. After one hour they admitted defeat and stated that a new seal would have to be ordered on Germany. A TWO day visit to the Service Department was therefore booked and I was promised a loan car for that time. At the end of the two days, the car was not ready for collection as they had had to order a new sunroof frame from Mercedes. The insurance on the car they had lent me was therefore extended. At the end of that extended insurance cover (last Wednesday) it was left to me to phone the Dealership to find out what was happening. I was informed that they were awaiting the arrival of a "special tool" they needed, from Mercedes. I have this evening been informed that there is a further delay as they have had to now order a new stationary glass panel for the roof - this has to come from Germany and won't be available until 28/11.

I am 70 and this is BY FAR the dearest new car I have ever bought. It has now done 750 miles and by the time I get it back I and the Dealership will have had the car for one month each. This not what I expect from a quality manufacturer/supplier and in my considerable new car buyings have never had a disappointment like this.

Your professional advice on my next step would be gratefully received. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX DIXON of DONCASTER

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What are your immediate thoughts? Should I persevere in the hopes that the cure (that the Dealer has never had to undertaken before) will be permanent and that no damage is inflicted on the roof paintwork (or anywhere else such as interior trim/roof lining or door apertures which Technicians will undoubtedly stand on for better access)? Or should I reject the car before going any further?

What are you hoping to achieve?

You want the car back repaired imminently?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The excitement of this new car has reduced to zero. In view of the time taken to order a new part/tool each time and the resultant time required to execute the repair TO AS NEW STANDARDS (which I have some doubts about), I would like to ask for a replacement car to exactly the same specification, but do not have the financial resources to "fight" my case if it is not considered cut and dry that my request is totally justified.

Ok.

So what do you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Rejection of this car and replacement at no cost, by an identically specified car, WITH THE PROVISOES OUTLINED in my previous response to your good self.