Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

can a person with LPA change a will

Customer Question

can a person with LPA change a will
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I'm afraid the powers of a person with an LPA do not extend to changing the Donor's Will.

The only circumstances in which a third party can get another person's Will prepared is if the person has lost mental capacity and the third party can apply to Court for what is called a "statutory Will" which in effect will only make a very straight forward Will leaving the Estate to that person's next of kin.

I am sorry this may not be the answer you were looking for, but sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

AL

Please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards

AL